Thursday, October 20, 2016

When tragedy strikes in the islands, Authority response vs Facebook faikakala police response


Every time tragedy strikes, obviously, tragedy strikes.

But in recent years, social media has pretty much allowed anyone to update, share, distort and blow information out of the ocean and beyond.

Again, I wish there was some triggers that kicked in for some humans, specifically Pacific humans - ok, scratch that, Samoan humans, like:

- Don't post if it's not true.
- Don't post sensitive information like, the death of a person.
- Don't post the image of the deceased alongside "kalofa e, RIP" fefe ia aikae.
- Don't share the image because you are contributing to the problem. Ea? Fia maka muamua?
- Don't be a faikakala and be aware that your perchance for 'likes' is at the demise and heartbreak of others.


Recently, an image of a man was shared on facebook, faced down in the ocean.
I know this much because it was shared by a former facebook friend on their timeline.
Shocking, but even more shocking were the idiots who were outraged and then shared it....like, e I ai gi kou faiai? (Do you have brains?)

It reminds me of a famous proverb that nobody said "Ku I le #@* faiai sole".

When I see shite like this, its sad but it's also gives me this sense of defeat about our people and our mindset.

It's like, we go so far but at the end of the day, e makuai valea a o kagaka sole.

Like, really, think about it.

O le kele o kakou fa'afikauli I ge vaikaimi oga o I kakou lava,

ok, goodbye before get hangrier,

goodbye














No comments: