Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Reviving Pacific storytelling in an ever changing world

 
A few weeks ago, I had the chance to present one of my fagogo at a Ted Talk event(Tedx Tauranga).
Loved the experience but it was also a great reminder to myself that my 'she'll be right' attitude needs serious re-assessment.
 
I've always loved telling fagogo, but never in a structured and organised manner - Tedtalk style. So doing this was like getting being crushed in the cage on the last ferry from Mulifanua before White Sunday. You know you'll reach the boat eventually but first, you get pushed, shoved and possibly lifted before you can breath...in someone's cigarette breath.
To make life more interesting, I lost my voice the same week and got sick, so I thank the Lawd for making me better that day.
I hope that everyone can get the opportunity to share their stories with their loved ones and be able to sit down together and communicate.  
   
 
 
                                                                           Aue!

No comments: