Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Decolonizing Methodologies: Research and Indigenous Peoples


If you are indigenous and about to embark on your research, I encourage you to read Linda's work on decolonising research.

I had the pleasure of meeting Linda and going to Samoa with her a few years ago and I'm in awe of her work, perspective, calm presence. wow!


"For me and others, Universities really symbolize or represent Colonialism. Not only do they reside on our lands, but many of the founding principles of Universities, denied our existence. Many of the founding disciplines of universities, cut their teeth on our destruction. So why am I in the university? I think for many of us, the university is an ambivalent space that we believe has possibilities but are constantly disappointed when those possibilities do not amount to much. Or are quickly swept away with every paradigmatic tune that either governments or society has, or the university itself"

Thank you Tim for sharing!

No comments: