Sunday, October 06, 2013

After 8 days off Facebook and blogging what have I learnt?

I've learnt what I have always known:
- I waste a whole lot of time on Facebook. I am a Facebook addict. I waste time that could better used.
- Without it (and Instragramm/Viper/Twitter), I'm more productive and I am ready to face my tasks instead of procrastinating...a bit.
- I relogged onto facebook and was taken aback by the over-sharing by people and over-exposure, for example., I am scrolling through newsfeed and I am looking at someone's crotch, someone who is suntanning....i see a lot of these lately, ...but really? you are proud of your flat belly and waxed vageegee so show the world?...well, I guess if i have a flat belly I would do that too....but it's been a while hah 

On the other hand, I missed out on events and gigs that were being shared on facebook that I would have liked to either attend or refer those who would have benefited.
I missed out on the updates from my loved ones who I haven't seen in years or in my nephew's case, (Manumailagi) I haven't met.
Every time I deactivate it means the pages that I am admin for are not being managed (work related) but am so glad my sister is looking after the tuiga page. Thanks Mex.
Speaking of tuigas, part of why I deactivated is because I had several to make and I was stressing out with the deadlines, but thank the Lord, I am done.
Amen.

This upcoming week, my aim is to reduce my time on Facebook altogether, so I won't deactivate but will not be using it as much.

Thank You

Confessions of a FB Addict.

In related news, one of our recent grads, Letisia Levave is doing a directed study on the topic of "Samoans on Facebook" ....thank you to my friends who filled in her survey. 

I already drew conclusions "Samoans on Facebook is the most toxic combination ever" choohoooo.



2 comments:

Enid Westerlund said...

Haha..that is true. People (myself included) waste too much time on FB, but where else will you find 90% trash and 10% important issues??. The highlight of all my FB garbage is that once in a while I get to reconnect with people who are on the other side of the globe whom I know personally and when I get to connect with people during overseas trips (plus free accommodation and food)!!

Goddess said...

right right......Addict! hahah. nah, i do find some things useful, amidst the faakumuspace