Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Full circle

okach, I have really come full circle....or is it, I have come of age?
ailoga.
anyway, I had the most rewarding feedback one could even ask for, and it was unexpected.
Better yet, from a mover and a shaker that can determine my existence or the sudden death to my career aspirations.
So it leads me to reassess me journey.
What has changed for me? What have I learnt?

1. I am more assertive and focussed. I was once immature and shy (true story)...and to a manager, that showed my unwillingness to step up and be responsible.

2. Confidence in my work.
I blame my genetics and my cultural upbringing to for my relunctance.  Instead of accepting compliment or incorporating criticism, I was the deflector of compliments....i mean, hello....who compliments you genuinely in your village? While someone says "Oka se iila o ou kaukaliga"...it is always followed by ..."ua kau leiloa aku ai ave o le la!". Now, I am confident. And I stand my by work. Allleeeluia!!!!haha

3. Ultimately what drives me to do better is this,
-I have a big fat mortgage that looms large every time I swipe the credit card.
-I have a 3 year old that is a lifetime investment.
-And an underpaid partner that not going to earn enough so that I can say home, do yoga and tint my lashes.
-Neverending faalavelaves that remind me that even if i move to Antarctica, the call will always reach me.

What I need to work on:
- Time management (in work, study, life: yeah right)
- Prioritising, I do this in the morning but I keep getting knocked off my schedule when things pop up.
- Being more assertive.
- Be less diplomatic, and more straight up, but still be polite. And assertive. Oka!
- Get a rich hubby in my next life.

Tip: Don't buy a house and then get knocked up within 6 months. so please ladies, get on the pill, use a diapharm, condom and train them on the withdraw early scenario. Nothing is more trying than being on one income, a newborn and a mortgage in your first year....it makes for animating Die Hard III dialogue between 2 sleep-deprived characters.

No comments: