Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Send Money Pacific



It's that time of the year again, for all you coconuts living abroad in Niu Sila village and the itumalo of Ausetalia, and you suddenly get a phone call that your sixth removed first cousin's dad's Uncle Pakalu has died.
Or your aunty's brothers wife Aunty Kuluku is getting married
Or Pastor Alaga is celebrating the new church hall
And the Womens committee is blessing their new uniform
Or the choir is having a special day
 And your extended family are giving titles to your relatives from Sagone,

and YOU have been elaborately and gratefully thought of, as a valued member of your esteemed family.
YOU are special, YOU will bring pride and joy and happiness to our family.
And like Konai Helu Thaman laments
"YOU, will bring them fame and western style education
With your second hand car...
YOU, the choice of my parents
I have no other choice"
oka oka e.....
anyway, the bottom line is,


Before you send that gift of LOVE home, have a look on this sendmoneypacific website to compare rates and make sure youre not being robbed by Western Union and the like.
Don't forget that the rate you see on the wall is NOT including the hidden transfer rate and then the highway robbery that comes with it.
Just because they only charge $12.00 for sending doesn't mean thats all it costs. Not a chance.
Good luck and may the tree outside your house bear $100 bills in the new year.
Soifua ma ia manuia le Kerisimasi ma mea ua o le'a tutupu etc etc.

Here's another beautiful book gift idea while we're at it, Konai Helu Thaman's You the choice of my parents.






 

1 comment:

Nikia, May and da kids said...

Thanks for the book selection. I will have to check it out. Luckily, most of my greedy, oh I me needy family had FEMA fortunes to move the majority of themselves to Utah. I'm lucky to live up North and be despise by my faikakala sister, so as long as she keeps trashing me for no good reason, no one ever thinks I'm worthy enough to talk to let alone ask money from anymore. Thank goodness for spiteful sisters who talk stories about me and bitter relatives who whole grudges.

Ain't life grand?? God truly provides you with what you need and sometimes with what you want.

May