Tuesday, August 04, 2009

My Highly commended garment at the recent Restyle comp

All I hoped for, after seeing the other 30 entries in my category was to be in the finals....bt i did a bit better, yay!!!!
My model did an o for awesome job and looked gorgeous on the night....yep, shes only 13!!!
my design was two fold....upon entry it looks like a whale....to represent endangered species....and then she drops it and its ummm...a dress, (for lack of an exotic description).
The Restyle comp is an annual event that attracts up to 120 entries from designers, students, fashion students from WINTEC and people with interest like moi...
It promotes recycling, reuse, reduce etc,....and my ofu didnt cost a tala...all from the stuff in the garage, old tapa, car sun visor, foil, frost cloth, # 8 wire, feathers and angel wings from MM's toy box and lots more...



I entered the comp for the first time this year and will now make it an annual event in my calendar....woohoooo...not bad for a mainly glue-gun job chooohooo!!!

3 comments:

IsaLeiese said...

oi suga, for a glue gun job it looks fabulous. keep up the work.

kim

www.simplicityofmylove.blogspot.com

that keo said...

it's beautiful and You've done a brilliant job! It never ceases to amaze me the many skills that you keep bringing out of the closet. I love it!

kuaback said...

Congratulations suga..love the garment...looks gorgeous for a glue-gun job..hehehe...u should def. become a designer