Friday, March 06, 2009

The longest entry i'll ever do...

I started back to uni this week.
After 5 years in the wilderness, or shall I dare say, the real world.
Only, It is part time - meaning I'm still working, and studying, but neither institution know about the other.
It sound like I'm having a scandalous affair.
I definitely felt like an impostor this week.
I had to convince work that studying was not going to affect my performance at work.
And I assured Uni that I will cut back my work hours to pick up study load.
I mean, can't we all get along?
I then come home and tell MM that I will still spend "exploration" time with her but it will be in a library and occasionally on a fieldtrip to a Dairy Farm.
When I walked back through the haunts of years past, the same familiar staircases, the same "No parking, permit users only" signs, the drab streetwear of hopeful learners and the promises of an education.
What was I doing here?
My first class was Business and Sustainability. In the Management School Block.
I know this already, but still turned up 20 minutes too early in case I suddenly forgot.
I sat, reading through the course outline, again, worried I was in the wrong class at the wrong time.
For 15 minutes, I'm by myself in this big lecture theatre, until another workforce-looking person disturbs my noisy thoughts.
He sits down, front row, to the right, closest to the lecture stand.
Teachers pet, will talk too much, Mr Know it All, I dislike you already.
Stop making assumptions, the little man called "Reason" yells at me.
So I return to my scribbling, worried still.
2 minuted before 2pm, about 20 real students all enter at once, chatting at once, comparing stories about last nights piss up and who got arrested.
I disquietly sneer at them, thinking "You ....you, farken clueless students!"
But my man "Reason" shakes his head and nudges me "...remind you of someone??"
Yep...myself.

After the class, I run as fast as I could to my car which is parked in the Guest Lecturer's parking space and I hurriedly schumaccher back to my work.

I have a year of post grad to do, all in Mngt, under the economics department.
This will be a shock to those who know me.
I breath, live and preach the social sciences. But thanks to that study on pacific migrants that I worked for many moons ago, the supervisors have decided to offer me a marsden fund scholarship.
so here i am....studying again, and I am loving it.
I spent hours on the first assignment - I was like a first year kid all over again...bright-eyed and bushy tailed...well almost.
and the assignment was only worth 2%

My main challenge now is ensuring I can manage my time between work, study and my loved ones. This week was good, I was up at 6am, had MM fed, clothed, reclothed, packed by 7:30am, dropped off (or picked up) depending on whose turn it is.
Gui has been awesome until today - he's down in Palmy with his rugby team and return tomorrow.
Leaving me and MM to hit the shops.
But to make it fun for her too, i took her to the pet shop, put her on the $2.00 merry go round - but missie kept moving seats while the ride was in motion...oka, we almost got banned for reckless behavior on the merry go round.
all was well until we headed to the supermarket and she was getting "fatigue", so she screamed a bit but hey, i cant hear that anymore...everyone else in the supermarket did though -so I chucked her in the trolley and threatened her that if she countinued she won't ever see lollies again, or ice cream, or chokolayte(her pronounciation).
she was quiet the remainder of the trip.

Its now 10:56pm, shes asleep in my bed.
Weve has a wonderful girls day in.
not much chores, loads of spending, movies hired, ice cream after dinner, bueno bars before nap time, face painting, carpet painting (MM), tutu wearing(MM), lollies for bribes, sleeping in, buying freshly caught salmon steaks - cut from the salmon that was killed this morning - with peas and carrots...we love salmon in this house, but Frenchy doesn't rate it, yep...and the house is a real shocking mess - pens on the floor, bathroom littered with cut up paper, clothes everywhere...and I do'nt give a damn.
Just means I have to clean up tomorrow before Frenchy gets home heheh.

Mex, Aleki n Tau are in DXB watching the Sevens
Lagipoiva in Samoa -probably doing yoga, or online, or driving reverred mother to some faalavelave
Mrs Marilynn is at home with her troopers - Yvonne has her period now...our baby is growing up too fast!!!i was cwying with i heard this from Mrs Marilynn...i don't want her to grow up, shes still a chbby baby in my eyes)-:
Mr Barry is un north -
Mr Larry is probably smoking up right now
And Mr Andrew is definitely smoking something stronger. I bet thats for real, chooohooo!!!!
k, manuia le po ma fai se miti malie,

1 comment:

its just moi said...

hey girl
Just wanted to say - BIGGUPS to you and th return to uni. What a load on your plate but if I was to ever handpick the person to do it, it would definitely be you!! just hope you manage to sneak some sleep every once in a while!!
good luck and have a great week!!
alofas
the gidlows