Sunday, January 06, 2008

I want to be a domestic goddess

We've been to obsessed with moving ahead with changes and progress, so much so that I can't bake a farken cookie.


Domestic is the new black, for me that is.


I've decided to get back to the kitchen and put on my apron(when i can:-)


yeah i know, i'm pissing off all the die hard feminists and their hairy underarms and braless titties, but before you get out your dildos, hear me out.



It just occured to me that I can't bake for sh*t,

And I can't sew. (apart from hemming a ie lavalava, sad sad)


These things have taken a backseat in my loife as a Mellinium Goddess.
Imagine the species of my generators (tion), efficient in templates, superstars in mnimising images to upload, masters in buying online, but who is roasting the turkey for Christmas? Who is sewing Master 5's superman costume ?

Despite our freedoms, have we become a breed of incompetent dependents, ordering our meals from Shan Cung Pao, buying our clothes from Mao Tse Bung and eating our cakes from the Cheese Cake Factory?

I have gone full circle indeed, from being the stauch (another word of fiapots) girl power to the domestic wannabe, scared that tomorrow i'll be that lady that couldn't.
Something should be done.

I will bake my cake.

And eat it too.

1 comment:

Omega & Alex said...

har har the conflicting thoughts of the new millenium super career/mother/wife WOMAN. lol very relevant...especially to us I think lol.
Don't worry hubby will bake the cake for miss five. There's no choice!!! so don't creat one ha ha
I have yet to make a pavlova that doesn't collapse!!! blame it on the oven...oh no not me... lmao
All the best Brie wanna_be.